Medical School Scholarships – Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Medical School Scholarships
Development-Related Postgraduate Courses DAAD Scholarships in Germany
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides medical school scholarships and other course scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
International medical school Scholarships are scholarships meant for students from all or selected regions of the world to study in a foreign country.
This includes International Undergraduate Scholarships, International Masters Scholarships, International PhD Scholarships, International Fellowships, etc.
If you are a bright, talented, or motivated international student, the best scholarships are for your taking.
Medical School Scholarships Host Institution(s):
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Masters or PhD courses in Medicine and Public Health; Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
See the complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2020/2021.
Number of Scholarships:
Young professionals from developing countries
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) ) and 36 months for PhD.
Eligibility for Medical School Scholarships:
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides medical school scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Medical School Scholarships Application instructions:
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2019.
It is important to read the 2020/2021 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: Aug-Oct 2019 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts AY 2020/2021
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.