8 Incredible Health Benefit of Eating Garlic
Incredible Health Benefit of Eating Garlic
Incredible Health Benefit of Eating Garlic – Most people have the knowledge that it has some health benefits, and tasty ones, but for its scent, not everyone seem to have a concern about the positive effect of garlic usage for healthy living.
You sit in a bus on your way to church with grandma. You are humming a familiar church favorite.
Everything is peaceful and calm….
… until grandma asks a simple question: “George, what’s the name of that song?”
In an instant, your world turns downside up.
What is grandma’s crime? It’s not the fact that she ate garlic. Not at all!
Her crime was: she didn’t eat it right.
This silent bulb has impacted more in the lives of many than a gas explosion could.
Read Also: How to care for your Health
Belongs to the genus Allium and is closely related to the onion. Rakkyo (an onion found in Asia), scallion, chive, leek, and shallot. It has been used by humans for thousands of years and was used in Ancient Egypt for both culinary purposes and its health and therapeutic benefits.
Excerpt: Incredible Health Benefit of Eating Garlic – for the scent of garlic, not everyone has interest about its health efficacy, for you reading don’t miss this 8 benefits
When eaten right, without upsetting the person next to you, opens up a whole new world of benefits:
8 Incredible Health Benefit of Eating Garlic:
1. Seasoning those meat parts to fry or barbecue? Crushed garlic to the rescue! The taste is heavenly.
2. Got an injury while playing your favorite sport? Crushed garlic applied to the site of the injury prevents infection at the site.
3. Constant runny stomach? Make garlic a regular additive to your meals.
4. Are you a known hypertensive? Regular intake of garlic-containing foods may help to stabilize blood pressure.
5. Meet your new antioxidant best friend. Cleanse your system with the cloves of this magical bulb. Your body will thank you for it.
Now I think, maybe grandma was not wrong afterall….
7. Prevention of Heart Disease: Consuming garlic on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Essential to remember that the sulphur-containing compound Allicin tends to lose its medicinal properties when it is cooked whole. Imperative to consume garlic raw or semi-cooked to derive any of its benefits.
8. Anti-bacterial and Anti-parasitic: Best kept medicinal treasures of the past era – it has been used as an antibiotic to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections for the last 7,000 years. Studies suggest diluted garlic extract helps children with tapeworm infections. A garlic-based mouthwash may not sound like fresh, minty breath but a very small quantity of its extracts is sufficient to ward off cavity-causing bacteria.
Can I Eat Garlic During Pregnancy?
So long as it is taken in small quantity, garlic is considered safe to eat during pregnancy. It is safe to include garlic in early pregnancy diet as foods eaten in this phase will have lesser affect on the fetus compared to the subsequent trimesters.
Whoever when it is taken in excess in the second and third trimesters garlic could lead to two main side effects – lower blood pressure and thinning the blood. This you would want for yourself and the baby, therefore, it is advisable to consult your healthcare provider before including it in your pregnancy diet.
1. Asthma patients should not consume garlic as it may have side-effects.
2. It should be avoided before surgeries or medical operations.
3. Do not consume more than 2-3 of it’s cloves in a day without consulting a doctor.